Sunday, April 25, 2010

RNG- New York Minute





New York Minute

Don’t blink because ‘fore you know it your life could expire,

Without ever thinking or trying what you truly desired,

Stop, THINK, observe as I come down to the wire,

With lyrical fire inspired by a spiritual empire,

So what ya THINK? What’s really worth your time?

And effort is it separate or do you serve your mind?

Do you THINK with purpose or just see on the surface?

Could you really be perfect? THINK about it what’s the verdict?

Have you ever really stopped or even slowed down,

Or THINK your boss would THINK there’s no way well some how,

We gotta break the spell cuz time’s ticks aint ceasin’,

Time for a new season of life with reason,

We’re birthed into this Earth screaming and bleeding,

Wind up leaving the Earth screaming and pleading,

Saying Jesus I’m needin’ a little longer to live,

Another minute to give to my wife and my kids,

Cuz the moments I’ve spent concerned with bills or the rent,

I regret and in retrospect I resent,

This city that taught me money and told me to value,

What they’re showing at Time Square and to do what the crowd do,

Look to the older folks there’s smarter that you,

And you could never do what your Fore Fathers could do,

And it’s probably the truth for just look at the clock,

These minutes flying by in New York stay moving and never stop,

Slow down take one New York minute,

Look around at the world and all the beauty that’s in it,

Think I urge you to do what you’re urged to,

The time can serve you your mind can serve you,

Learn to learn to not be concerned who, will

Discourage or burn you then maybe they’ll learn too

THINK about it I’ve hit the bottom and rolled,

And sold herbs and blue pills to young and the old,

I thought about it when I was young in class and feeling bold,

And figured I’d flip the finger to the fibs I was told,

I noticed the clock properly hung on the wall,

Like a sun that never sets frying us all,

The clock would never stop though I wished it would fall,

I’d just stare and waste away and wished the days wouldn’t crawl,

But they did and I lived and now I’m here to confess,

The time moves to quick to not adhere to the best,

So THINK and stop waddling in a wallow of pity,

Start leading the pack and do not follow the city,

Do not buy the many itty bitty innocent clear lies,

THINK today of ignorant innocent dear lives,

Our kids people wake up give me a minute,

Sixty seconds I beg it how else would you spend it,

What exactly do you do to fill the moments in time?

Do you THINK for your children or feel everything’s fine,

Ignore the words of this rhyme then look away from the crime,

Saying I’m behind enemy lines and out of line,

From buying a glock nine I’m an internal threat,

A homegrown homo hatin extremist redneck,

Well I’m just here with the truth so give it respect,

And protect your assets the precious seconds you get,

We’re never getting ‘em back once their gone and passed,

You could rise to riches and think the strong will last,

But you’re wrong in that just look at the facts,

The past is long gone and never spawnin’ back,

Or do you think you’re poor or need more for joy?

Accept food as a given and want more than toys?

Or support the warlords who give chores to boys?

Hearing women and children crying and ignoring the noise?

We’ll I’m signing off hope you listen and learn,

And consciously consider what you’re wishing to earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment